MDS management team
The management team co-ordinates the collaboration between the three founding organisations and leads on strategic planning, advocacy, key stakeholder relations and fundraising for MDS as it moves from a start-up project to sustainable infrastructure.
- Andy Ellis Chief Executive, Art UK
- Kevin Gosling Chief Executive, Collections Trust and MDS Project Lead
- Professor Ross Parry Director, Institute for Digital Culture, University of Leicester
Start-up project delivery team
During the Bloomberg-funded start-up the project delivery team monitors the technical build of the core MDS system, works with the early adopters listed below, and supports organisations who want to share data.
- Terry Gould Head of Digital Infrastructure, Art UK and Bloomberg Tech Fellow
- David Saywell Director of Digital Assets, Art UK
- Gordon McKenna MDS Data Manager, Collections Trust
Technical development team
The core MDS system is based on Knowledge Integration’s CIIM middleware, which is being developed further to meet our specific needs.
- Rob Tice Director, Knowledge Integration and CIIM Product Lead
- Mark Johnson Team Leader, Knowledge Integration
- Luke Heyfron Developer, Knowledge Integration
Other input gratefully received from
- Adrian Cooper, Intelligent Heritage Development of initial technical architecture and ongoing independent technical advice
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer Pro bono legal advice relating to the formation of MDS as a charitable company
- Naomi Korn Associates Drafting of data processing agreements and related documents
- Open Data Institute Facilitating development of the MDS risk register and access permissions framework
- Pentagram Design of the MDS brand
- Paul Stevenson, Employed barrister and trustee of Collections Trust Drafting of documents relating to the formation of MDS as a charitable company
- Root Web Design Studio and Pine Design Studio Design and build of this website
- Womble Bond Dickinson Legal advice relating to the formation of MDS as a charitable company