- Wikidata identifier:
- Q15260380
- Instance of:
- local museum; charitable organization; independent museum
- Museum/collection status:
- Accredited museum
- Accreditation number:
- 80
- Persistent shareable link for this record:
- https://museumdata.uk/museums/q15260380/
Collection-level records:
-
Collection overview (Wikipedia)
The museum’s permanent displays, from medieval times to the present day, relate to the history of Richmond, Kew, Petersham and Ham which, until local government boundary changes in 1965, formed the Municipal Borough of Richmond (Surrey). Its temporary exhibitions, education activities and resources, and a programme of events (including events for families and children) cover the whole of the modern borough. The museum’s highlights include: 16th-century glass from Richmond Palace; a model of Richmond Palace; and a painting, The Terrace and View from Richmond Hill, Surrey by Dutch draughtsman and painter Leonard Knyff (1650–1722), which is part of the Richmond upon Thames Borough Art Collection.
This article uses material from the Wikipedia article “Museum of Richmond”, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Source: Wikipedia
Date: 2025
Licence: CC-BY-SA