- Wikidata identifier:
- Q113296113
- Instance of:
- museum; independent museum
- Museum/collection status:
- Accredited museum
- Accreditation number:
- 591
- Persistent shareable link for this record:
- https://museumdata.uk/museums/q113296113/
Collection-level records:
-
Collection history (Collection development policy)
A museum was first established in the centre of Framlingham in 1957 by The Framlingham and District Local History and Preservation Society. As the needs of the property owners changed, the museum moved to Double Street and then to the Old Courthouse in 1979, when it became a separate charity (No. 277058) and renamed The Lanman Museum. In 1984, the museum moved to Framlingham Castle when English Heritage offered accommodation for the exhibits. The museum became a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) in 2021(No. 1194173. This process has continued to the present day along the lines outlined above.
Source: Collection development policy
Date: 2023
Licence: CC BY-NC
-
Collection overview (Collection development policy)
Based on the artefacts acquired from the late Harold Lanman the collection has been expanded by gift and purchase as well as by grant funding. The majority of the collection relates to the 19th and early 20th century but have looked to expand the collection on a broader time frame when funds permit.
Source: Collection development policy
Date: 2023
Licence: CC BY-NC