- Title:
- ‘The Lioness’, journal of the Women’s Royal Army Corps Association, May 1965 issue
- Object name(s):
- journal
- Brief description:
- ‘The Lioness’, May 1965. ‘The Lioness’ is the current journal for the Women’s Royal Army Corps Association. This copy was sent to Nellie Irene Giles (née Ellingham) in May 1965. The Queen Mary’s Army Auxiliary Corps Old Comrades Association was formed in 1919. On the formation of the Women’s Royal Army Corps (WRAC) in 1949, the Association changed its name to the WRAC Association. The Association seeks to support those women who served in Queen Mary’s Army Auxiliary Corps (QMAAC), the Auxiliary Territorial Service (ATS), the WRAC and female soldiers in today’s British Army. The Association changed the name of its journal to ‘The Lioness’ in 1950.
- Collection:
- National Army Museum
- Associated concept:
- Archives
- Current location:
- National Army Museum, Study Collection
- Object name:
- journal
- Object number:
- NAM. 1998-01-50-10
- Right type:
- Crown Copyright
Persistent shareable link for this record: https://museumdata.uk/objects/0a55cf71-c29c-395d-9ce1-f664247e40e9
Use licence for this record: CC BY-NC
Attribution for this record: https://museumdata.uk/objects/0a55cf71-c29c-395d-9ce1-f664247e40e9, National Army Museum, CC BY-NC
Is there a problem with this record? Give feedback.